The MOD Manager is a handy tool that can be installed as a desktop application and is meant to be run first before launching the game.
Within this application, you can install any mods that are shown here directly with a single button click. Not only that, but you can enable or disable the script on the fly, update or uninstall them.
Here is a list of the advantages of using the MOD Manager.
- Easy install of a mod with all his dependency in a single click.
- Know when a new update is available for your mod.
- Enable / Disable mod directly in the MOD Manager.
- No mods will ever overwrite each other. Using structured hierarchy for all mods and making sure none of the file match another mod.
- User friendly interface, couldn't be simplier.
Since this is made with Unity, it is cross platform, and has a nice visual that is easy to work with and i decided to use that in case it could eventually be implemented in the launcher itself.
The only problem, is there is a 3 seconds unity splash screen as i'm using the free version.
Gonna have to deal with it for now!
Here is the files to download.
Linux: Tarbal gzip version Didn't find any installer yet for this one, looking for it!
Mac: Zip version Totally unsure about this one, if you are a mac user and find the hierarchy weird or just can't execute it please report it! Also no installer yet for this one!
Note: There will be a warning with untrusted publisher for the window installer one. Probably need the paid version which i don't have, which combine with other installer problems i'm having! ;p